I hope that Alameda Hospital has been relatively empty this month, or, alternatively, people got in and out quickly because it stinks to be worried about your health or your loved one’s health at this time of year. And:
1. For Kristen Thorson and the rest of the administrative staff who put together Board packets, update the website, and respond to special requests so quickly and efficiently. Thank you.
2. For Kerry Easthope who as far as I know is on good terms with everyone at the Hospital and has always graciously responded to my requests for information. Thank you.
3, For Jordan Battani and David Burton, who have sent an invitation both last year and this year to their holiday party. (Unfortunately I could not attend either year.) Thank you.
4, For Michael McCormick and Stewart Chen who have at least paused to consider my arguments at times. Thank you.
5. For Denise Lai and Carol Gottstein who have publicly supported my position with regard to the District plus those who have privately reassured me that I am not crazy. Thank you.
6. For Jim Oddie who has reached across a nasty political divide more than once. Thank you.
7. For the commentors at Blogging Bayport especially Jack Richard where it seems to me the most engaging and engaged debates about Alameda issues takes place. Thank you.
8. For Action Alameda News which posts useful news and commentary about Alameda (often times first). Thank you .
9. For all of the people at the Hospital and the various other facilities of the District who at the individual level provide care and support to patients. Thank you.
Insert your favorite seasons greetings here. Happy New Year too and keep an eye out next week for the Finance and Management Committee packet for the January 4, 2012 meeting.